We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much have hotel prices risen by for January 2012. ?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,473 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
How much have hotel prices risen by for January 2012. ?

I'm going to Thailand rather than Sri lanka in 2012, so haven' t kept an eye on hotel prices being charged for next January. I intend to go back to Sri Lanka in January 2013

Have people found they've increased much in the last year or so ?. I know there have been quite a few refurbishments, & I'd imagine prices have gone up even more at these hotels.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,463 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much have hotel prices risen by for January 2012. ?

Hi there....

Not sure overall how much hotel rates have increased, but here is an example i do know about...

Royal Palms Hotel in Kalutara...

October 2010 10 nights All Inclusive was £799.00 per person including flights from London..., so £79.90 per night per person..

October 2011 same 10 nights All Inclusive with flights now £1160 per person, new nightly rate?, well £116. per person !

Yes some of that will be an increase in flight taxes ect, but even so quite a hefty increase i think !, and this hotel has not been refurbished in a long time..., throw in the new visa rate of $50.00 (£32.00 approx) per peson from January 1st and people for sure will paying a lot more for thier holidays to Sri Lanka in the future..

Regards

Dave

PS...

Prices quoted were from Mercury Direct's brochures.....

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,473 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much have hotel prices risen by for January 2012. ?

Thanks for your reply travellerguy

There was a lot of talk of prices increasing rapidly following the end of the war, & just wondering if the hotels/travel companies are still profiteering from the increasing numbers of tourists now visitng Sri Lanka

3. Re: How much have hotel prices risen by for January 2012. ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 14:17