We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unawatuna - family friendly options

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Unawatuna - family friendly options

Looking for something close to the beach (10 minute walk). Quiet at night and away from the main road. Close to restaurants if it doesn't have it's own. Any recommendations? Thanks

St Austell
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unawatuna - family friendly options

Unawatuna is very compact, so most places would fall within the 10 minute walk to the beach criteria, and most places will be considerably nearer. There's no busy road within the main part of Unawatuna and right by the beach, there's hardly any traffic at all. We saw more bicycles than vehicles when we stayed there.

It's far better to book any place on a room only or bed and breakfast basis because there are no end of lovely beach restaurants to choose from and it's nice to vary where you eat.

I can only recommend accommodation that I've actually stayed at, but there are lots of good options in Unawatuna. I have stayed at Hotel Dhammika which is right next to the beach, and also Primrose Guesthouse at the western end of the bay. That one is less than a couple of minutes to the beach too.

If by family friendly, you are looking for more of a hotel and with more facilities, the Unawatuna Beach Resort gets good reviews and is right on the beach too.

Sue

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unawatuna - family friendly options

Yes agree with Sue Unawatuna Beach Resort is the most popular hotel.

Nishantha

3. Re: Unawatuna - family friendly options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 12:18