We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation for family of 5"

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation for family of 5"

Hi folks, we planed to travel to Colombo next spring. We are family of 5(myself, wife, 2 daughters aged 8, 7 and a little boy aged 15 months). I would like to stay in Colombo for 4-5 days and then head to Trincomalee. I would greatly appreciate if I can get some info on any good budget accomodation in Colombo that will accomodate all of us most preferably in one room. My maximum budget per day would be $100-$125. I'm wondering if some of the hotels would be able to accomodate us in one room? If they can give us a room with 2 double beds and then a crib or cot for my little son. All suggestions are welcome and looking forward to some great help with this. We would just like to explore Colombo with our kids and show them around before we head to Trincomalee. Thank you all in advance for your suggestions.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation for family of 5"

Maybe you have personal reasons for holidaying in Colombo and Trinco but, at the risk of being shot down by devotees of the city, I'd suggest that other places in SL would be more fun, less stressful for your children than Colombo.Nice accommodation in hotels there with your budget will also be a considerable ask.

Maybe you would consider renting an apartment so that your children could relax more easily. There are a few available, for example the link below where I have stayed myself when I had to stop in Colombo.

lankaholidays.com/holiday-homes/accommodatio…

Regards

Archi

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation for family of 5"

thanks....

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation for family of 5"

try tropic inn mount lavinia colombo ( they have a web site )- i can't say enough about this place they will take a reservation on line and trust u to show up then pay !!-3 beds ac 50 usd-

very nice staff and comfortable rooms which are imo underpriced - they are used to foreigners requirements and do a great breakfast

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation for family of 5"

Thanks. Still looking...

Panadura, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
590 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation for family of 5"

Try checking with Global Towers Hotel & Apartments which is in Marine Drive, Colombo. Rates should be good.

http://www.globallanka.com/

6. Re: Accomodation for family of 5"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2012, 10:19