We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ETA Website Problem

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
383 posts
610 reviews
Save Topic
ETA Website Problem

I went in last night to get my ETA but when I put in my passport number I got a message saying "duplicate application has been successfully verified”. My travel agent got the same message when they tried this morning with his details.

I wonder when it will ever work!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ETA Website Problem

If you book your travel before 31.12.2011 and arrive in Sri Lanka before 31.03.2012, you don't need to apply for ETA.

Hans

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
383 posts
610 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ETA Website Problem

Are you certain? I thought it was free before 31.12.11 but that you had to have one.

North East England
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ETA Website Problem

there has been an offical announcement saying the ful llaunch has been delayed. as said, if you book befor 31 dec 2011 and arrive before the end of march 2012 you dont need one.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ETA Website Problem

Have a look at the message from the website here (and has also been mentioned in several other recent threads concerning Eta/visa):

http://www.eta.gov.lk/

Hans

Gravesend, Kent
Level Contributor
32 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ETA Website Problem

ETA Website Problem - have tried completing the application form on line, but the drop-down lists of countries for country of birth and home address do not include United Kingdom. The only options seem to be British Citizen or European Union. I have queried this with my travel agent, Mercury, today and they checked it out and suggested I enter British Citizen for both country of birth and my home address. Anyone else having this problem?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
383 posts
610 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ETA Website Problem

That's what I did and it worked fine. I have my visa.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ETA Website Problem

I put British Citizen in mine and it went through okay.

Mind you, my ETA status has been "pending" since December 6....

I've given up now and am just going to present them with my reference number when I arrive in March. And smile nicely.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ETA Website Problem

Another warning on the randomness of the ETA website: Lots of people visiting for the cricket in March are now reporting that the $20US has been taken out of their bank accounts not once, but twice.

Oh dear.

Taupo, New Zealand
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ETA Website Problem

Looks as though the charging twice isn't only with you guys in U.K.Has occured to me in New Zealand also!!The whole setup seems a shambles and no one is responding to these problems!

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
893 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ETA Website Problem

Hi did mine yesterday with no problems, got it back this morning,i did book before December and arrive in Feb ,wonder if I'll get my money back !