We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinnamon Lodge prices

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Cinnamon Lodge prices

We were going to Cinnamon Lodge but the price for deluxe room with half board is £161 and the same at Sigirya Village is £105, now do we stick with Cinnamon Lodge as it sounds a more upmarket hotel, or is the price difference making Sigirya Village a better option. I have read that some of the areas in the Village are shabby and poorly maintained, we don't want to be disappointed when we had high expectations of Cinnamon Lodge, to find we are in a sub-standard hotel. Any views on this?

{ We are visiting Polonnurawa not Aradnaphura so I guess the location is as good for both hotels}

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,896 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cinnamon Lodge prices

Angie,

yes, location is good for both hotels.

having stayed in both Sigiriya Village and Cinnamon Lodge, have to say, Cinnamon Lodge is way better than the village.

but last year we stayed at Chaaya, right next door to Cinnamon, and that beats them all.

St Austell
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cinnamon Lodge prices

Well .. I've stayed at all three, loved them all, but my favourite stay was actually at Sigiriya Village. We had no complaints with our bungalow room and the grounds of Sigiriya Village hotel make up a remarkable botanical garden with themed areas, incredible trees, plants and associated wildlife.

The food at the two Habarana hotels was better - no complaints with the food at Sigiriya Village but at Cinnamon Lodge/Chaaya Village it was exceptional.

I remember some basic rooms at S.V. which didn't look so good but we were in the next one up (can't remember what this was, but it was booked for us as Red Dot's standard choice for a stay there) and the room was modern and well equipped. For me, the location was far more interesting than at Habarana (even though that was lovely too) and it allowed some great independent exploring on foot or by bicycle in the surrounding area also. It's the one I'd go back to of the 3, and not just because it was cheaper .. although if it is, that makes it an even easier choice!

Sue

Orange County...
Level Contributor
445 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cinnamon Lodge prices

Wow, I guess Cinnamon Lodge jacked up their prices too...Can't remember ever paying $252 for HB. I think the most I have paid is $150 for a double FB. Have stayed at the Lodge and Chaaya, most recent being last year at different times and loved both.

I am seeing a massive increase of hotel rates through greediness everywhere in SL. Having spoken to several travel agents in SL, I was told that there have been cancellations for next year (Year of the tourist?!) due to the high price of hotel rooms. Surely, they have to be shooting themselves in the foot.

Robbie

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cinnamon Lodge prices

Cinnamon Lodge was about USD 180 (GBP 116) - double room HB - in September. Are you sure you are booking through the right channels?

Hans

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,896 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cinnamon Lodge prices

We payed for a deluxe FB 200$. and i remember paying almost half the previous time we were there. But they justified it by receiving 5'stars last year.

but interesting to see the difference in prices we all get quoted, worse than private drivers/guides. lol

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cinnamon Lodge prices

USD 20 difference between HB and FB seems reasonable to me.

Hans

canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cinnamon Lodge prices

Yes vacation in Sri Lanka seems impossible after our trip this year, not sure why they charge so much for hotels. We'll be paying almost 250 - 350/night during the xmas holidays (3 to 4 star), thru cultural triangle and top it all up, the taxes are about 30%.

8. Re: Cinnamon Lodge prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2012, 10:18