We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sri Lanka Area / Hotels

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sri Lanka Area / Hotels

Been to Goa for the last 10 years and goIng in March for 4 week we are thinking of trying Sri Lanka In November friend of our have been and prefere Goa but we feel we must try Sri Lanka can you give us some help, must say We love Goa,and know sri lanka

is the same culture etc, BEAU,

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,600 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sri Lanka Area / Hotels

Hi there,

Hikkaduwa is the closest equivalent to Goa. Give it a try...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sri Lanka Area / Hotels

I am a regular to Goa and last year decided to try Sri Lanka. I am now going for my 3rd time in three weeks time. Many things are very simular to Goa and many things are different. Sri Lanka is more of a daytime place evenings being mainly hotel based. Lots of the scenery is very simular but Sri Lanka just tops it a bit as i find it to be more "jungly". It is a little more expensive than Goa and shopping opportunities not as much as Goa. Goa is more of a beach based holiday whereas Sri Lanka is about going inland and seeing towns,rainforests, elephants and temples. For me they both have their own unique qualities and are not comparable. I think anyone who loves Goa and the culture of Goa (not just the bars and restaurants) will also love Sri Lanka....but for different reasons. The Sri Lankan people are just as lovely and friendly and you will make many friends. Give it a go .. i now love both places and fully intend to spend as much time in these 2 lovely countries as i can

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sri Lanka Area / Hotels

Hi,

November is in the 2nd inter monsoon season with quite unsettled weather.

You may experience 3 types of days:

- Fully clouded with the odd shower, light or heavy

- 3-4 hours sunshine after 8 am and clouds building up in the afternoon with hefty thundershowers late afternoon, evening and night

- sun-clouds-rain-sun again and so on with the sunny spells lasting at least an hour and minimum4 hours per day.

If you have the possibility you should postpone your visit until around Christmas and until end April which is the best season on the west/southwest coast of Sri Lanka (including Hikkaduwa). 2nd best season is mid July until end September.

Hans

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sri Lanka Area / Hotels

Hi there,

I would stick with Hans, Best time to come to srilanka is in dec or april time...

Hope your plans work out ! good luck

Adnan

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sri Lanka Area / Hotels

Where did I say December OR April?

Unfortunate more bad/misleading advice from you:-(

Hans

6. Re: Sri Lanka Area / Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2013, 10:20