We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mixed Weather reports

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Mixed Weather reports

Hi, We arrive in Sri Lanka on this Thursday (30th). I have been checking the long range weather forcast on various web pages pre packing. the general prediction seems to be scattered thunderstorms but generally very hot and humid. We will be touring mainly in the cultural triangle for a week and then we have a week at Saman Villas.

Can anyone tell me what is predicted locally and if I should opt for warterprrof or umbrella since it is so hot.

Many thanks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mixed Weather reports

Hi,

Its quite warm here in Sri Lanka presently since this is the hottest season of the year. Its generally quite sunny and bright though it rained during the morning part of the day yesterday but the rain was washed away from the bright sun that fell afterwards. The cultural triangle will be extremly hot and sun protection is essential. You can opt for an umbrella and do not worry about waterproof which will not be needed here in his part of the year.Light cotton attires are very much recommended with sandles and sun block is very important.

A week at the saman villas will be surely very relaxing after touring the cultural triangle.

Hope you will have a great time here in Sri Lanka.

Treshi, Colombo, Sri Lanka.

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mixed Weather reports

Thank you Treshi. You are so kind.

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mixed Weather reports

Hi,

I've just returned from a tour of the cultural triangle, the weather was mixed - we needed extra layers at night at Nuwara Eliya, everywhere else it was extremely hot and humid with terrific thunderstorms during the evenings. An umbrella would be a good idea both to keep you dry and also protect against the heat.