We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather advice for August? Don't know what to pack!

London
Level Contributor
115 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Weather advice for August? Don't know what to pack!

We will be in Sri Lanka for the first 2 weeks of August. I've looked into the weather but would love some first hand advice as to what we will realistically need to bring as we're going through a few different zones - Colombo, Kandy, Hill Country, Yala then Tangalle/Unawatuna.

Am I right in thinking that the only place it will be properly cold is the Hill Country - ie, we should just pack 1 or 2 jumpers and a waterproof each, the rest summer clothes?

I don't want to be overly paranoid but we're bringing our 10 year old and I don't want to get it wrong and be lugging lots of unnecessary stuff around!

Thanks in advance for any replies :-)

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,460 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather advice for August? Don't know what to pack!

Hi there....

Yes, you are correct in your thinking about clothing, and the only place you are likely to need something a little warm is in hill country, most probably you may be wearing jumpers/pullovers for the flight out ?, in which case no need to pack others.

Rain jackets ?, forget it, you won't need it, if you took some the only thing it will likely do is you make you sweat buckets, just buy a cheap brolly locally should the need arise.

First two weeks in August, you can expect most dry, sunny and hot weather, with the chance of light showers in late afternoon and evening times..

Don't forget a HIGH value sun creams, the sun there is VERY strong...

Regards

Dave

2. Re: Weather advice for August? Don't know what to pack!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:15