We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sri Lanka ETA

Warrington, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sri Lanka ETA

Hi,

I applied for the ETA 7 days ago and am yet to receive a confirmation, although the money came out of my bank account. Should I be expecting anything back?

Thanks

James

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
58,622 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sri Lanka ETA

Hi James,

Well you should but unfortunately not all technical things work smoothlessly in all cases (they do so in most cases now, teething pains are getting much less). Bring the printout of your original application (with reference number) and copy of your bank statement, and on arrival go to the counter for people-having-ETA. Reasonable chance that you're okay (they can check in their systems based on your passport no); if not bounce back to the non-ETA queue, pay USD 25 cash, and a.s.a.p. with the bank/cc company claim back the USD 20 paid originally in vain...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Level Contributor
16 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sri Lanka ETA

I travelled to Sri Lanka earlier in the year and applied for an eta along with some friends. They all received confirmation but I didn't which worried me. I took a copy of the print screen confirmation with me just in case. This wasn't necessary as when they scanned my passport the eta was instantly recognised.

Hope you have a similar experience - happy holidays!!

Warrington, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sri Lanka ETA

Cool, thank you both. Is there the facility to buy the ETA in my departure airport?

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sri Lanka ETA

Hi there...

No, cannot do at any UK airports, well apart from internet of course...

Did you check your spam/junk mail box, sometimes these things get directed to there..

Regards

Dave

Warrington, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sri Lanka ETA

ETA confirmation granted today. I didn't receive an email but checked each day on the government website.

Thank you for the replying.

James

6. Re: Sri Lanka ETA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 07:15