We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can somebody tell me if...

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Can somebody tell me if...

It is possible to find guesthouses which have clean and comfortably furnished rooms with ensuite and A/C that have access to a balcony or gardens, to relax in in the evening that we can pre-book ourselves, direct or through a website for about £50 or under per double.

Or am living in dreamland?

I have emailed some, but have had no replies as yet and I'm not sure the prices that are quoated on the websites at present, are up to date.

Thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
56,598 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can somebody tell me if...

For LKR 10,000? That's 3 star hotel price often, not guesthouse price.

Hotel booking sites like Agoda, Expedia and Booking.com should give enough choice too...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can somebody tell me if...

Depends on where you want to stay!! I know a lovely guesthouse on the Bentota River that is £45 per double including breakfast and fits all that you have mentioned. If your interested let me know and i can put you in touch with the owners ( i know they never look at their website). The name of the guesthouse is Ranga Holiday Inn if you want to take a look at some pictures they do have a website. As i say dont try and book through this as its very out of date!!

3. Re: Can somebody tell me if...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2012, 11:45
Rijeka, Croatia
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can somebody tell me if...

Sure there are, we just booked some contacting them directly by e-mail. In Negombo, Kandy and Trincomalee. They answered immediately. We are leaving for Sri Lanka in a week, if you want details send a pm...

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
679 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can somebody tell me if...

Hi,

I have also found it very difficult to have hotels/inns email me as well. I can tell you who emailed me in Galle, Bentota, Yalla/Tissa in your price range.

6. Re: Can somebody tell me if...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 04:17