We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which currency?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Which currency?

Went to get some Sri lankan rupees today but apparantley you cant get them in the UK and was advised to take dollars? Question is dollars or sterling, which are the best value for money?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which currency?

Many people don't ignore the prices. Several posts in this forum shows that.

Hans

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which currency?

Jaynenewcastle if I thought the answer was clear cut through the search button then I would not be asking the question! I find your response quite hostile unlike Eric and Hans who no matter what people ask always take the time to respond politely and helpfully without attitude.

Countries change and the best currency to take changes. I have also read the notes before going in December and also not all is clear cut and have posted on here a few questions to put my mind at ease from people who have been before and also inboxed a couple of people who dont just say use the forum and search button and read.

13. Re: Which currency?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 10:16