We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

c&h travels ltd - anyone booked with these?

Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
c&h travels ltd - anyone booked with these?

H there,

we are going to Sri Lanka over Christmas 2012 and are looking for a reliable tour operator (I know it's late and seems to be expensive). In a final offer from a tour operator we thought we would take, there were none of the hotels they originally proposed. We've also got offers among others from C&H Travels Ltd (Mr da Silva).

I'd like to ask if anyone know them and had a tour organized by them?

Thanks!

Tomasz

Brisbane
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: c&h travels ltd - anyone booked with these?

Were you dealing with a big company or solo operator? Just wondering why the hotels were changed. Did you ask? Maybe you indicated a different budget range? Did the hotels get changed after you gave travel dates? (Maybe original hotels were unavailable due to a festival or event . . . .) Is this the only reason that you are hesitating to go with the company now?

Haven't heard anything about c&h travels.

Archi

Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: c&h travels ltd - anyone booked with these?

I don't know how big they are, this was my first contact ever. Don't want to name them yet, since they are trying to sort the tour up so I want to give them a chance.

The dates and an aproximate itinerary were set since the first contact. I got a range of hotels, made my mind and let them book, at this point they came back with a set of totally different hotels, of course because of unavailability.

Now I am under the impression that they answer fast with proposals that are totally unrealistic given the dates, hotels that have fantastic reviews, just to have an advantage over the competition. And this is the reason I'm hesitating. Yet I want to give them a chance because they were otherwise very prompt and made a competent impression.

To have an alernative I thought about others that had given an offer - that's why I asked about C&H Travels. They were more expensive and a little late, their proposed hotels were based on availability - which now seems reasonable.

Tomasz

Brisbane
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: c&h travels ltd - anyone booked with these?

Your impression regarding fast reply and then changing may be correct however your travel dates are in a high season generally and if the company is a small one they may not have ready access for the number of rooms they require and their first response may have been based on anticipated availability.

Have you researched the latest hotels offered and if so, do they meet your needs?

Archi

Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: c&h travels ltd - anyone booked with these?

If they had met my needs I wouldn't try to look for a fallback, I don't mind the names. I've never been to Sri Lanka before so I don't care for any particular one. I also wouldn't mind and wouldn't look any further if they changed one or two. But they changed *all* and the new (not all of them) don't keep up with the original ones. Like a hotel with the main road within a meters distance and the necessity to take a tuk-tuk to the beach instead of one directly on the beach.

I understand high- season problem and actually already pay for it (we will pay for most hotels as much as I paid for a 4-star hotel in Barcelona in June this year - but this is another topic). But it just doesn't make me confident in their honesty (again - I still let them try to sort things up, maybe it will all end up well on Monday).

As I said the. second offer was actually more serious after all, just two days too late. I think the conversation now starts to be pretty general, I just wanted to know if the second tour operator has any prooved reliability, that's all.

Tomasz

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: c&h travels ltd - anyone booked with these?

Hi, I'm also planning a trip to SR and received a good itinerary package with C&H Travel? Ms Dilani de Silva seems too helpful to arrange a good plan for our family. But I also have good offers for another 3 companies - kanota tours, miraclesrilanka and nalro tours. You can talk with them also and see what you can get.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: c&h travels ltd - anyone booked with these?

Hi Tomas,

I've chosen the C&H travels for my Easter Trip at SL. So I am curious about your feedback. How was your tour with them at Xmas? thanks Patricia

Metro Manila...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: c&h travels ltd - anyone booked with these?

Hi PateLisbon, I also get a good response from C&H. I wonder if their actual performance match their promise though. If you can, do you mind sharing your experience with them this Easter? I'll be going in June. Thanks.

8. Re: c&h travels ltd - anyone booked with these?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2013, 01:02
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: c&h travels ltd - anyone booked with these?

Hi C&H Travel is an excellent Tour Operator in SRI Lanka. MS Dilani, the owner is a truly dedicated to give the best time to their clients. Everything went through the planning itinerary and better than it!

Sri Lanka is a beautiful country! We were treated so well. People are so friendly.

C&H always getting the best for you, the nicer rooms, the good and clean places to lunch, the knowledge Guides.

Fernando was our best guide!

10. Re: c&h travels ltd - anyone booked with these?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 07:15