We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid30s AUST couple returned from amazing 3 wks in Sri Lanka

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Mid30s AUST couple returned from amazing 3 wks in Sri Lanka

We are an Australian couple in our mid 30s and have just returned from a trip of a life time in Sri Lanka. We were there three weeks and toured a large majority of the island starting from:

Colombo to:

Anuradhapura

Mihintale

Polonnaruwa

Sigiriya

Dambulla

Kandy

Ella

Yala

Tangalle

Unuwatuna

Hikkaduwa

Bentota

Negombo

Sri Lanka is the most amazing country...... we are already planning a return 'beach trip' back in April! It is beautiful, fairly untouched and like no other country I've visited before. The people are amazing, they are always smiling. So we smiled our entire trip!! With our itinerary, we felt like we visited a whole lot of different countries in one! It really is remarkable.

I am posting as we had the best driver that was very reasonable in price. He was courteous, informative, helpful, gentle, funny, a great driver!!!, safe, didn't take us to places in order for him to earn commission, he wasn't intrusive and in general was an honest genuine person - this is not the case for all drivers in Sri Lanka!. He even took me to a reputable jeweler in Kandy where I picked a deal of a gem!

If anyone wants details, please feel free to PM me as he is building up his business and we really want to help him in his ventures. We couldn't recommend him highly enough. He was a very memorable part of our Sri Lankan experience.

We are mid 30s, travel on a mid to sometimes high budget, from Melbourne, Australia. Happy to give advice on our trip as Trip Advisor forum/reviews was the catalyst in planning a brilliant trip!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
234 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid30s AUST couple returned from amazing 3 wks in Sri Lanka

Hi, I PM you. Did you receive it. Thanks.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid30s AUST couple returned from amazing 3 wks in Sri Lanka

Hi we are a couple from melb Australia. Been traveling for 3 weeks and our next destination is Sri Lanka. We are interested in the driver you have recommended. Can you please send details

sydney
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid30s AUST couple returned from amazing 3 wks in Sri Lanka

Hi-We are a couple travelling to sri lanka in Dec/Jan and would appreciate the details of your driver. Thanks

les_r28
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid30s AUST couple returned from amazing 3 wks in Sri Lanka

hi my husband and i are travelling to sri lanka 12-31 december and not sure where to go, we were going to do cultural triangle for a couple of days, then looking at possibly going to Tangalle, Unuwatuna, Hikkaduwa, Bentota and Negombo, we are in our early 40's and like some good beaches but with entertaiment on night time, where do you suggest and are we likley to find accomodation easily at that time of year just turning up, also how did you travel place to place did you have a driver the whole time or did you go by bus etc

can you suggest any accomodation, we will be on mid buget? is it expensive to eat, drinks etc ?

thanks

5. Re: Mid30s AUST couple returned from amazing 3 wks in Sri Lanka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 07:17