We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camera

St.Davids
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Camera

Is it ok to take digital SLR camera or is humidity a problem, read somewhere that best kept in poly bag. This would be a bit of a pain. This camera has several lenses , or would a compact be better with built in zoom

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camera

Hello Jan

We've never had a humidity problem generally with cameras, SLR or otherwise. The problem arises when it is raining and you want to take photos or you are walking around in the rain. When this happens I use a small compact one, as you mentioned.

Archi

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,287 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camera

hi janllisky,

what camera do you use?

most cameras are weather sealed nowadays, so if you have a good dslr, you won't have any problems. (ex.i have a 7D and MK3, they are both weather sealed, so never had any humidity problems)

Panadura, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
589 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camera

Many locals own and carry Digital SLR cameras around the country and have not heard of any issue with humidity.

cheers

Tharindu

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camera

I never had problems with bringing my Canon SLR to anywhere in Sri Lanka.

Hans

Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Camera

Same here Janilly

St.Davids
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Camera

thanks for advice. Have Canon EOS T2i (550) so should be built for conditions

7. Re: Camera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 05:18