We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from colombo airport to hikkaduwa

4 posts
Save Topic
How to get from colombo airport to hikkaduwa

Hey! I'm arriving at Colombo Airport at 12 noon and would like to go to Hikkaduwa right away. I couldn't find any info about the best way to get there online so maybe someone here has some tips? Thanks for the help!

Hannover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from colombo airport to hikkaduwa

Take a taxi on airport, that is the quickest, relaxed and the most expensive way to Hikkaduwa.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,631 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from colombo airport to hikkaduwa

Takes about 3 hours and costs around Rs 9,500+ Rs 450 expressway toll.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from colombo airport to hikkaduwa

Yeah sorry I didn't specify. I heard that there is a train as well. I'm on a tight budget and taxi is way out of that. So if you have any Idea where how and when to catch a train or bus that would be super helpful for me!!

Thank you so much!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,631 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from colombo airport to hikkaduwa

Alternative is public transport. First 2 hours (including wait time) bus to Fort station and from there 3 hours bus or train to Hikka. Cheaper but beware that bus does not accept suitcases, so probably it'll be train you need and that might mean waiting 1-2 hours for the next train.

Bus 187 waits outside the gates at far northeastern end of Arrivals pavement and goes 2 x per hour taking 1.5 hours, hence the overall estimate of 2 hours.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from colombo airport to hikkaduwa

Perfect this really helps me. Thank you so much!

6. Re: How to get from colombo airport to hikkaduwa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 06:19