We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car / Driver hire - experience of Aitken Spence please

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Car / Driver hire - experience of Aitken Spence please

Hi

We are visiting Sri Lanka shortly and are currently researching companies to use. Does anyone have experience of Aitken Spence?

thanks

1. Re: Car / Driver hire - experience of Aitken Spence please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2013, 15:52
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car / Driver hire - experience of Aitken Spence please

hi and many thanks - I will take a look.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car / Driver hire - experience of Aitken Spence please

....but be careful. That seems to be self promotion.

Hans

Brisbane
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car / Driver hire - experience of Aitken Spence please

Hi Alison

In my own recent experience Rohan Fernando quotes a lot more than the going rate of other well respected and licensed tour guides. It worked out at just over USD100 per day WITHOUT any accommodation. Mileage was within the usual normal range.

I agree that this looks like self promotion. Self promotion is such a pain on this forum - doesn't seem to be an issue on other sites I lurk.

Good advice to research sole operators though. Make sure that they are licensed with the Tourist Board though.

Archi

Edited: 01 March 2013, 10:58
5. Re: Car / Driver hire - experience of Aitken Spence please

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2013, 08:35
Brisbane
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car / Driver hire - experience of Aitken Spence please

Again

Post 5 - another recommendation by a poster who has only one topic - a tour guide. Take a lot care and PM frequent TA posters for genuine recommendations Alison.

I have had a PM today outlining behaviour that made a lone woman traveller feel very vulnerable. Personal recommendations are essential, I think.

Archi

Stockholm
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car / Driver hire - experience of Aitken Spence please

I have sent a recommendation to you by PM.

I suggest that you browse the forums for recommendations and then e-mail those tour operators/drivers for quotes.

For my trip, I collected e-mail addresses for about 10 drivers and sent them all an e-mail asking for a quote. I think 4-5 of them replied and the prices differed quite a lot!

In the end we chose the cheapest one, whom we also had gotten a good impression from, and we were very happy with our choice :)

Simon

Edited: 03 March 2013, 19:14
8. Re: Car / Driver hire - experience of Aitken Spence please

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2013, 15:59
Edited: 04 March 2013, 15:59
9. Re: Car / Driver hire - experience of Aitken Spence please

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 March 2013, 16:01
Edited: 04 March 2013, 16:01
10. Re: Car / Driver hire - experience of Aitken Spence please

Removed on: 04 March 2013, 16:01