We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel date 23-27th April 2013

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel date 23-27th April 2013

Dear Team,

I am planning to visit Sri lanka with my spouse for the above mentioned dates this April. Initially all was going well, I even applied for ETA for my spouse.

When booking hotel from some agency heard that there is again safety issues in SriLanka, even my brother who was planning for business trip this April 10-14th had to cancel his trip after his company cancelled his trip due to safety reasons.

Therefore can you suggest or advise if its alright or to avoid my trip...waiting for reply.

Thanks

Secunderabad...
Level Contributor
35 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel date 23-27th April 2013

Hi,

I was at Sri Lanka in the last week of March with my family. I did not face any issues reg. safety. We traveled from Colombo to Kandy to Anuradhapura to Nuwara Eliya and had a wonderful time over there.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel date 23-27th April 2013

Hello,

Thanks for the reply...I was also thinking that was safe but all of sudden heard news from some travel agents and also from Indian friends that it is again little dangerous these days...

Therefore I had to give second thought regarding my trip this month...I hope all will be ok...but looking for confirmation from the people who are living there and also visitors like you who visited recently

Thanks

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel date 23-27th April 2013

Hi there...

Sri Lanka is generally safe, although there are some tensions between India and Sri Lanka at government levels following a recent UN vote, and this "may" spill over into tourism with visitors from India being made to feel not welcome, but generally nothing to be worried about..

Regards

Dave

4. Re: Travel date 23-27th April 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 15:20
Edited: 07 April 2013, 15:20
5. Re: Travel date 23-27th April 2013

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 15:20
Tamparuli, Malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel date 23-27th April 2013

Hi

We came from 6 days Sri Lanka tour two weeks ago. We had a wonderful tour and did not face any problem. Sri Lanka is safe! Don't worry!

Have a nice trip!

Jeisy

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel date 23-27th April 2013

I have now been in Sri Lanka for nearly 4 weeks, and I have not noticed any change in the security situation.

Sri Lanka is safe - also for Indians.

Hans

8. Re: Travel date 23-27th April 2013

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 08:05
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel date 23-27th April 2013

Thank you all guys for the re assuring the safety these days..I will continue my plan will travel there in these dates...

Any good advise on how to spend my time in these 3 days.. I am landing on 24th Morning and returning on 27th evening, Therefore please advise on spending these time wonderfully..

24th - colombo, beaches and little shopping in malls.

25th - some waterfalls area

26th -

27th -

Looking forward for reply.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel date 23-27th April 2013

The better beaches are about 2 hours south of Colombo and not safe for swimming in late April.

25th April is Poya Day, i.e. no alcohol is sold or being served.

I would suggest you spend a couple of days in Kandy.

Hans