We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sri Lanka in July

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Sri Lanka in July

I am planning to visit Sri Lanka at the end of July and will have 7 days there.

I've read that the weather is not the best during this time in the South/SW and the best place to go for the weather and beaches is in the East - Trinco etc.

However, it doesn't seem that easy getting from Colombo airport to Trinco and as I only have 7 days holiday I don't fancy a lot of travelling.

Has anyone been to SL in July and stayed in the South - is the weather actually that bad during this time?

I'd appreciate any help and advice, thanks!

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,463 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sri Lanka in July

Hi there...

The weather in July, especially the second half is NOT acutally that bad in south/southwest, yes there will be some rains, but mostly in late afternoon and evening time.

The sea will be too rough for swimming due to currents and winds, unless behind reefs at Unuwatuna Hikkuduwa..

Regards

Dave

Edited: 30 April 2013, 10:48
London, United...
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sri Lanka in July

Hi

IMO its not that bad, Yes couple of hours rain but sunny during, limited beach to swim in sea.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c176578/Sri-L…

Regards

3. Re: Sri Lanka in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 05:17