We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aditya Hotel, Hikkaduwa during August - or should we go East

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Aditya Hotel, Hikkaduwa during August - or should we go East

Hi

This forum has been so helpful in helping me plan our holiday to Sri Lanka in August.

We have provisionally booked the following itineray:

Day One: Colombo

Day Two: Sigiriya

Day Three: Dambulla /Kandy

Day Four: Nuwara Eliya / Pinnawela

Day Five:Yala Park

Days Six - Ten: Galle (Aditya resort hotel)

We wanted to see the key places as well as stay in a quiet, luxury hotel that suits couples.

The only concern I have is that many other agents have said that we should be looking at the East coast for the final stop as the South West beaches are 'out of season'. I understand that it may rain and that the sea is a little more choppy.

Can anyone advise as to whether it is unadvisable to go to the South West during August? The agent who offered the package suggests that it will be quieter at the Aditya than at the Eastern hotels.

Nothing is set in stone yet, so if anyone thinks we have some glaring issues with the plan, we are 'all-ears'!

Many thanks to you all!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,064 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aditya Hotel, Hikkaduwa during August - or should we go East

Hi there,

It all depends on what you want. It'll be nice and sunny until 3-4 PM; sea will be rough yes so surfing is very limited and swim impossible except at e.g. north Hikka beach (7-8 km from Aditiya) due to its reef. Snorkel impossible as the rough sea stirs up the sand even inside the reef.

If you want calm swimmable sea and full range of watersports, then east coast would be better - but a bit busy yes.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Hannover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aditya Hotel, Hikkaduwa during August - or should we go East

I'm little cunfused. You mean this

www.adityaresort-galle.com/ppc/…

or this one

http://www.aditya-resort.com/contactus.php

Looks same Hotel, but is located between Hikkaduwa and Galle. So you have always to travel to town.

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aditya Hotel, Hikkaduwa during August - or should we go East

Going by their website, they have the same addres:

719/1, Galle Road, Devenigoda , Rathgama , Galle , Sri Lanka.

I was under the impression it was this one:

http://www.aditya-resort.com/contactus.php

But only as that was the link the agent sent me. They do appear to be the same hotel.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,064 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aditya Hotel, Hikkaduwa during August - or should we go East

Yes there is only one, passed by it many times. Rathgama is formally under Galle but closer to Dodanduwa-Hikkaduwa. As mentioned above it's 7-8 km from North Hikkaduwa (reef) beach.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aditya Hotel, Hikkaduwa during August - or should we go East

I have struggled to find 'boutique' or a least, luxury hotels on the East coast that rival those to the south west. Is this the case or are my searching skills just letting me down I wonder?

Many thanks for your advice!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,064 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aditya Hotel, Hikkaduwa during August - or should we go East

Hi again,

You're absolutely right, but they're catching up. E.g. Anilana at both Passikudah and Trinco, first one should be fully open now, sits in that market segment.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Hannover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Aditya Hotel, Hikkaduwa during August - or should we go East

You could also look at new Hotel Lavanga Resort & Spa in south of Hikkaduwaat. In March 2013 opend. Galle Road, Patuwatha, located on beach front. Only 2 km to main town, but many restaurants around the beach strip.

8. Re: Aditya Hotel, Hikkaduwa during August - or should we go East

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:19