We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SriLanakan Airlines - upgrades and alcohol

Liverpool, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
SriLanakan Airlines - upgrades and alcohol

Hi,

My new wife & I are off to Sri Lanka on honeymoon in September, flying from Heathrow. I've seen on the SriLankan Airlines website that they offer an upgrade auction where you can bid for a business class upgrade (I think this has been offered since May this year). Has anyone tried this, and if so, would you mind letting me know what your winning or losing bid was? I know that the successful level will depend on individual flight circumstances, but at least it will be a starting point. Also, has anyone had any experience of being upgraded for free?

Also, on some of the older threads it looks like SriLankan provided alcoholic drinks for free in economy, but these posts are from a few years ago. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Thanks

Adam

Mentioned in this post
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SriLanakan Airlines - upgrades and alcohol

SriLankan Airlines still offer free alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.

Hans

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SriLanakan Airlines - upgrades and alcohol

Hi Adam...

Yes alcoholic drinks are free on SriLankan, along with 2 meals, if you miss drinks service, just wander to nearest galley, they will be happy to serve you..

The upgrade "auction" is mainly aimed at locals.., and rarely on the London route where business class tends to be full on most flights, but by all means try, or mention your honeymoon on check-in at Heathrow, but no guarantees there..

Regards

Dave

Edited: 13 August 2013, 13:31
Liverpool, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SriLanakan Airlines - upgrades and alcohol

Hans and Dave, thanks very much. Will try my luck with the auction and at the check-in desk.

kniesel
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SriLanakan Airlines - upgrades and alcohol

Adam,

Did you have any luck with the e-auction or the upgrade?

5. Re: SriLanakan Airlines - upgrades and alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 04:17