We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's cheaper and best re flights and tours?

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
What's cheaper and best re flights and tours?

Book flight and then book a tour independently or book both as a package? So many options I'm getting confused? Going next February and flights looking around £550 mark just now from London. Travelbag quoting £1400 each for flight and private 8 day tour. There are 2 of us travelling and sharing a twin room. Help!

Further complicated by the fact we will do tour, then head to a pre booked yoga retreat in Welligama for 5 nights. Travelling companion will go home after yoga and then I'll be joined by hubby so I'll be there 3 weeks in total and friend 2...so need 3 sets of flights as all our dates different...

My head hurts...

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's cheaper and best re flights and tours?

Booking your flights and then organising your itinerary yourself separately gives more flexibility and will ensure that you go where you want to go, according to your interests and not where a tour company thinks you should go. Cheaper, usually, too. As well as that, the planning process is an interesting and enjoyable experience.

If you find that exercise too daunting then a package tour would be a better choice.

Archi

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's cheaper and best re flights and tours?

Flights booked, one stage closer. Now trying to decide re tour..thinking I might do a tailored tour with one of the bigger agencies, Red Dot or Aitken Spence. Girl from Euphoria Exotic put together a great tour at a great price but unfortunately not got their tourist board licence yet so that's a no no. I'm sure I'll get there eventually. Trailfinders also working on it for me, so far looking promising,

3. Re: What's cheaper and best re flights and tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:18