We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best driver in Sri Lanka. Thanks, Rishan.

Vienna
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
The best driver in Sri Lanka. Thanks, Rishan.

Rishan picked us up in Colombo for a 10-day drive around the island. Today we are flying back to Europe and I still can't believe all the beauty I experienced in the past two weeks. It feels like an eternity in the most positive way.

We have to thank Rishan for our wonderful experience.

He didn't only drive us around, he became a friend. An ally. He showed us his amazing country like nobody else would. Made us understand more about the culture and customs of Sri Lanka.

Needless to say, he was always very professional, discreet and friendly and his English is remarkably good.

When it came to shopping, he told us the best ways to bargain and even didi it for us at times. Every now and then he made a few suggestions, always very appreciated and never-ever pushing us to go to a certain place or buying a certain product. As I said: he was an ally.

We drove silent for hours. We engaged in conversations also for hours.

You share a lot of time with your driver when you are on a road trip. Think twice, three times about whom you hire for this.

A colleague of mine recommended us his services. She drove around the island with her family 3 years ago with Rishan. I can only do he same.

Rishan, you are great. We miss you already. Thank you, thank you. THANK YOU.

Here are his details:

www.vclanka.com

rishan4ever@gmail.com

+94773332290

R. M. S Antique And Brassware
Art Galleries, Art Museums, History Museums, Natural History Museums, Speciality Museums
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best driver in Sri Lanka. Thanks, Rishan.

Your post is likely to get deleted as publishing phone nos here are not recommended. Try sending PM's to people interested in details of drivers.

I m sure your post will be deleted.

Rgds,

Treshi.

2. Re: The best driver in Sri Lanka. Thanks, Rishan.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 12:10
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best driver in Sri Lanka. Thanks, Rishan.

A single post can hardly be called spam;-)

Hans

4. Re: The best driver in Sri Lanka. Thanks, Rishan.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 16:05
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best driver in Sri Lanka. Thanks, Rishan.

This is an English language forum.

Hans

UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The best driver in Sri Lanka. Thanks, Rishan.

a single post? but these single posts by scammers/spammers exactly what is wrong with this forum.

"laughter , smiles , impressions, sometimes frustration" Yes..Indeed! I know how you feel after reading your drivel

Edited: 29 August 2013, 16:03
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The best driver in Sri Lanka. Thanks, Rishan.

How can you be sure all single posters are 'scammers/spammers'?

Hans

UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The best driver in Sri Lanka. Thanks, Rishan.

By the tone plus a complete lack of understanding of the English language..pretty obvious me thinks!

And why do you think someone is so overwhelmed that they get the compunction to join just to sing praises fir a taxi driver.....and the have no history of being members....

Edited: 29 August 2013, 17:12
9. Re: The best driver in Sri Lanka. Thanks, Rishan.

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 September 2013, 20:11
Edited: 01 September 2013, 20:11
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The best driver in Sri Lanka. Thanks, Rishan.

This post was closed. I assume one of the DEs has re-opened it

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DEs can't do that - only TA staff can do that. DEs don't have any special powers.

Hans