We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach on November

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
60 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beach on November

Hi friends,

Which is so best and safe beach to swim during first week of November, planning Pasikudah or Nilaveli but I wonder about weather.

Thanks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,688 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach on November

Hi there,

Forget east coast, the 2nd intermonsoon means the start of the full East monsoon there and weather is QUITE unsettled and rainy there.

On southwest side, Unuwatuna or Hikka are recommended. They have swimsafe areas behind reefs. Still no brilliant weather, statistically 4+ hours of sunshine on 2/3 of the days...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach on November

Hi,

Yes, I prefer Unawatuna beach personally but will be crowded...

Treshi.

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach on November

I think some CHOGM meetings will be in Hikkaduwa? Not sure where nor traffic plan.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach on November

Yes. Both Hikkaduwa and Galle. Chaya Tranz in an official venue for the weekly period of 10th - 18th of November

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
60 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Beach on November

Thanks folks for helpful replies.

@Eric, I talked to one of the resort in Pasikudah and they said it is safe to swim all around the year. Please clarify, and I wonder why prices are so high in Pasikudah beach?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,688 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Beach on November

Hi again,

Crappy info. Check any travel guide and long-term weather forecast, November to March is their offseason and flooding is regular.

Passekudah has hotels starting at 3 star (Centara and Amethyst), but on e.g. Agoda I see them similarly priced to 3-star hotels on southwest coast. Of course in peak season (July-Sept) pricing is higher but then Xmas-January southwest prices are peaking...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
60 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Beach on November

Thanks again Eric, I trust your reply 1000% than so called hotel managers, since I am Battolian instead to booking for a night I can go for day out and can use the pool from any hotel...

8. Re: Best Beach on November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 06:21