We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

activities to do and visit in this cities ... !

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
activities to do and visit in this cities ... !

Hello everyone

first of all , thanks for helping me to plan my itinerary ! :)

I'm Solo traveler ( male , 21 old ) << I like adventures and Beaches >>

I will arrive at ( Colombo Airport ) at 01:00 AM in 12/10/2013

I will go directly to Kandy

But I need cheap hotel in kandy road ( to sleep for few hours )

Also

What is the best activity to do and visit in this cities

In the road between Colombo and Kandy

In Kandy ( for two days )

In the road between Kandy and Nuwara Eliya

In Nuwara Eliya ( for one and hulf day )

In the road between Nuwara Eliya and Bentota

In Bentota ( 3 days )

& I need good restaurants in each city !

Waiting for your suggestions ...

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: activities to do and visit in this cities ... !

Hi Fahad

It's a little difficult to tell you what to do in each place so check out the Attractions tab for each city you are going to to make your choice. Restaurants and accommodation hints can also be found using the drop down tabs. Hopefully someone will come up with the hostel/backpackers web links for you. In Kandy, I heard that young people stay at the Empire Hotel.

If you are travelling by public transport there won't be anything to do between towns as you can't stop the bus to see a waterfall, temple etc.

At your age, maybe you would enjoy rafting at Kitugala which is on the Avisawella - Hatton Road and could be done before you go to Kandy. I'd say it would be more fun for you than Nuwara Eliya where there is not much to do.

Regards

Archi

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
60 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: activities to do and visit in this cities ... !

I would recommend you Sevena GH in Kandy, they have some decent reviews and much cheaper than others.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g304138-d154120…

Kandy, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: activities to do and visit in this cities ... !

As suggested you would enjoy Kitulgala and you could also do bit of hiking either at Hanthana or Knuckles in Kandy. Also most of your activities will largely depend on your transport method i guess.

Edited: 24 September 2013, 04:31
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: activities to do and visit in this cities ... !

Thanks Archi ,

I know it's hard , and there is many thing to do ! but actually I don't like Culture and museums much :) i prefer someone tell me what is the best thing to visit because i have limited time ...

and can you gave me the web link of Empire Hotel ..

I hired a vehicle with driver ! I can stop at any time ... :)

Can you go to from Nuwara Eliya to

I will arrive at 1 am in Sri Lanka

do you think it's enough if i go directly to visit Kitulgala ! ( just for rafting ) and at the same day go to kandy !

( and do you think i will find group for rafting ! )

Edited: 24 September 2013, 21:36
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: activities to do and visit in this cities ... !

Hello Fawmy ,

Actually i need hotel/guest house before going kandy !

I have two options :

- Go to Kitulgala and find guest house there !

- Go to Pinnawala near to Elephant Orphanage !

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: activities to do and visit in this cities ... !

Thanks Danush ,

I hired a vehicle with driver ! ( I don't have any troubles in transportation )

As I said to Ms.Archi

do you think it's enough if i go directly to visit Kitulgala ! ( just for rafting ) and at the same day go to kandy !

( and do you think i will find group for rafting ! )

Also What is the estimated time try rafting at Kitugala !

and how much will cost for one person !

Edited: 24 September 2013, 21:51
Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: activities to do and visit in this cities ... !

Hi, Again Fahad

It's difficult for someone to tell others what to do as everyone has different interests. As you are not into Culture, Museums and presumably history etc you are limited to nature and fun. As far as nature goes you have trekking/walking options in the Upcountry and animal/bird safaris in the National Parks and fun at Kitulgala. The beaches are rather tame when you are coming from Australia but nice anyway.

With a 1AM arrival time you would arrive at Kitulgala around 5 - 6AM, just as the village was waking up. Maybe you could get a room there to have a short rest if you need it as you would probably have to wait until 9 AM to go rafting. You would need to see who else was there on the day to be able to join up with. Why don't you google to see costs and room options?

It might, however, be better to go:

1. Airport to Kandy via Kegalle route and stop at Pinnewala on the way.

2. Kandy to Kitulgala

3. Kitulgala to Bentota - a long trip with route options so take a look at a map and see where you might stop for a night.

As you have hired a driver ask him about your route and accommodation options bearing in mind that the cheaper guesthouses do not provide his accommodation and you will need to pay for that separately. Nature Walk in Kandy does have driver accommodation and there are reviews on TA for you to look at.

Regards

Archi

Kandy, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: activities to do and visit in this cities ... !

After Kitulagala it would be good if you can make a stop at either Nuwara eliya or Ella, where ella offers you some beautiful vistas..

Edited: 25 September 2013, 05:40
9. Re: activities to do and visit in this cities ... !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 10:21