We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

90 Day Tourist Visa

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
90 Day Tourist Visa

Hi

Is it possible to get a 90 day tourist visa before travel or do I have to get a 30 day then extend it in the country?

BTW I don't live remotely close to London so a trip to the High Commission is out!

Thanks all

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,062 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 90 Day Tourist Visa

Hi there,

Before arrival solely through HC. And guess the UK has visa agencies doing it all on your behalf using registered mail just as we have them in other big countries - but yes that costs extra.

After arrival, solely by extending in Colombo-Borella; takes 4-6 hours at the government office (not all of them waiting, finally you hand over the passport and money and collect it 1-2 hours later).

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 90 Day Tourist Visa

Never taken me 4-6 hours to extend my visa. It usually takes maximum 2-3 hours.

Hans

3. Re: 90 Day Tourist Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 05:17