We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant Island Holidays

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Elephant Island Holidays

Has anyone booked a holiday with Elephant Island Holidays? I am unable to find any recent posts on trip advisor. As an internet based company I would like to hear from people who have experienced travelling in Sri Lanka with this company. They have been so helpful and created a good itinerary but I would feel happier booking if I had heard some reviews. Thanks in advance for your help.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephant Island Holidays

I too am considering using this firm or my trip to Sri Lanka but am a bit concerned that no-one on this large forum has replied that they have used them.

2. Re: Elephant Island Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 21:35
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elephant Island Holidays

There are quite a few posts about Elephant Island Holidays in the forums. Have you used the search function?

Hans

manchester
Level Contributor
49 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elephant Island Holidays

I have just come back from a tour 6 nights and a week stay holiday in Sri Lanka using this company. I e mailed them telling them I wanted a cultural tour and stay. they did all the rest form picking schedule flights from Manchester via doa, to booking all the hotels on half board basis, except the beach stay which was AI, the cost came to £3,500 per couple and we have had an awesome holiday. private air con bus, good quality hotels, good food, its been so good we are going to do it again next May and see different parts etc. if you need any further in box me. this company dotted all the I's and crossed the T's.

Edited: 25 May 2014, 11:38
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elephant Island Holidays

I posted this question in the forum. We did go ahead and decide to book our holiday with Elephant Island. I thought it would be helpful for people to read my experiences of the company.The communication by E mail was clear and concise. The emergency contact details, distances travelled and the check list sent attached to E mails were all really helpful and a nice thought. The accommodation was just as requested. We had wanted to stay in guest houses and homestays and your choices were perfect. Our guide was absolutely amazing, such a knowledgeable man who was passionate and very proud about Sri Lankan and its history, culture and wildlife. During our stay I was contacted four times by the local representative to check we were happy with our accommodation and enjoying the holiday. I would have no hesitation in recommending that you book your holiday with Elephant Island.

6. Re: Elephant Island Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 07:16