We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Tangalle to Kandy

Prague, Czech...
3 posts
Save Topic
From Tangalle to Kandy

Hi,

I need an advice. I'd like to travel from Tangalle to Kandy on 17th of Fabruary 2014. Does anyone have a recommendation how to get there? I don't want to take a taxi for a whole journey, guess it would be quite expensive.

Thanks

Žanet

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Tangalle to Kandy

You could e.g. take buses or taxi from Tangalle to Ella/Bandarawela and then take the train to Kandy/Peradeniya.

Hans

Kandy, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Tangalle to Kandy

Or if you could reach Hambanthota then you can find few buses that directly go to kandy. But i'd prefer the train journey because of it's beauty.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Tangalle to Kandy

Hi take quote for hired van from reliable person. with AC and non AC has different prices. Then you compare the rates. You will save some money but probably the journey will take an entire day by bueses and trains. But it could be fun and adventurous if u do this as an experince rather than a just a mode of transport.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,547 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Tangalle to Kandy

By car-driver it ALSO takes almost an entire day. To be precise 7-8 hours. By public transport indeed longer, 9-10 hours ballpark.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Prague, Czech...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Tangalle to Kandy

Thanks for all recommandations! I decided to take an airplane from Mattala to Colombo and then by train to Kandy. It's because of time. I noticed that by car would be a really long journey. Thank you :)

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Tangalle to Kandy

Colombo Airport is approx. 35 km north of Colombo.

Hans

Prague, Czech...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: From Tangalle to Kandy

Yeah, I know :)

8. Re: From Tangalle to Kandy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 06:20