We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary

London
Level Contributor
56 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary

My husband and I are planning to visit Sri Lanka in March for a special holiday and want to pack in as much as possible, but I haven't quite worked out driving times between places yet. Does the following itinerary look ridiculously busy? We are hoping to fly to the Maldives for 6 nights afterwards to recover...

2 nights Habarana (Trips to Sigiriya Rock and Dambulla Temple and Elephant ride) Possibly Chaaya Village.

1 night Kandy (Trip to Temple of the Tooth, Botanical Gardens) Possibly Cinnamon citadel.

1 night Nuwara Eliya Probably at The Tea Factory

1 night Ella Possibly at 98 Acres

2 nights Yala Probably at Cinnamon Wild with at least 2 jeep safaris

1 night Galle Probably at Jetwing Lighthouse

I would love to go to the Pinnewala elephant orphanage and Bundala NP but not sure we can fit these in!

Is this itinerary doable with a driver guide? Could anyone give me a rough idea of travelling time between places? If we need, say 1 more night where would it be best to put this?

Also is Galle back to the airport for onwards travel to Male ok?

Any advice really appreciated.

Elizabeth

Mentioned in this post
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary

Airport - Habarana approx. 5 hours

Habarana - Kandy approx. 3 hours

Kandy - Nuwara Eliya approx. 3 hours

Nuwara Eliya - Ella approx. 2 hours

Ella - Yala approx. 3 hours

Yala - Galle approx. 4 hours

Galle - Airport approx. 2.5 hours

You can do Bundala from Yala. Spend the extra night at Kandy and include Pinnawala.

Hans

London
Level Contributor
56 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary

Thank you, Hans, that's very helpful.

London, United...
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary

Looks very decent to me and there is option to do Pinnawala en-route to Kandy and spend extra night in Ella.

Regards

4. Re: Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 08:05
5. Re: Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2014, 04:15