We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what injections do we need for Sri lanka visit

UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
what injections do we need for Sri lanka visit

most of our december trip arranged, just need to get VISA and my wife mentioned immunisation..cant get a doctors appointment till end of November. will we need yellow fever..we live in the UK and had jabs last year for India trip....

Also Sri Lanka is all over the news in UK and some disturbing information being discussed......Is it still safe to visit?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what injections do we need for Sri lanka visit

Your doctor is the best person to tell you what injections you require.

I haven't seen or read anything to even possibly suggest Sri Lanka is not a safe place to visit anymore. It was certainly ok 4 weeks ago when I left & came back to the UK

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
555 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what injections do we need for Sri lanka visit

This is the site that almost every GP in the UK will refer to fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/asia-%28eas…

"Immunisations

Confirm primary courses and boosters are up to date as recommended for life in Britain - including for example, vaccines required for occupational risk of exposure, lifestyle risks and underlying medical conditions.

Courses or boosters usually advised: Hepatitis A; Typhoid.

Other vaccines to consider: Hepatitis B; Japanese Encephalitis; Rabies; Tetanus.

Yellow fever vaccination certificate required from travellers over 1 year of age coming from areas with risk of yellow fever transmission."

Our Medical practice also advises that polio cover is up to date.

Since the UK is not a yellow fever area you will not need that one ( assuming of course that you are going directly from the UK to Sri Lanka.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 18:59
UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what injections do we need for Sri lanka visit

Thanks! My daughter (cleaver clogs) has suggested I call surgery and ask for a print out of what we have had..that way we can get jabs in time if necessary . Flights via Mumbai

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: what injections do we need for Sri lanka visit

Hi Judge-mental

Hope you enjoyed your trip. Were you required to have the yellow fever vaccine to enter Sri Lanka as your flight was via Mumbai?

Thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what injections do we need for Sri lanka visit

I believe Judge-mental cancelled their trip to Sri Lanka.

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,617 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what injections do we need for Sri lanka visit

I've done Lanka through India yearly in some way, and neither in India nor in Lanka got asked for Yellow Fever vaccination.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

7. Re: what injections do we need for Sri lanka visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:15