We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dambulla to Bentota Beach

San Francisco
11 posts
Save Topic
Dambulla to Bentota Beach

I will be with my gf visiting Dambulla for a few days in January, then have two open unplanned days and after that will be in Bentota for several days. What should we do for those two open days and which way should we go? I was thinking perhaps of going south and spending a night in Kandy and then a night somewhere else? Or could go back west and spend a night or two in Colombo? Or other ideas for those two nights between Dambulla and Bentota?

1. Re: Dambulla to Bentota Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 14:25
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dambulla to Bentota Beach

Far too much travelling Dambulla-Kandy-Yala-Bentota in 2 days. You sound like a Sri Lanka tour operator.

I would suggest you spend both days at Kandy.

Hans

Kandy, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dambulla to Bentota Beach

May be Kandy and Ella.. is a feasible option

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dambulla to Bentota Beach

Ella to Bentota is a also a quite a ride.

If you go Yala, and then do a morning safari, you will lose a good part of the day by the time you get to Bentota.

I'd say spent both days in Kandy. You can do a day trip to Pinnawela or some tea estate on one of the days.

San Francisco
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dambulla to Bentota Beach

Thank you all for the input. It sounds like we will look into Kandy. We will likely arrange a private driver for Dambulla to Kandy and then from Kandy to Bentota.

6. Re: Dambulla to Bentota Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 06:19