I'm going to Sri Lanka with my wife. We'll travel at low budget. We land on 16th Dec at 8:30 and we need to be in Mirissa on 26th Dec, where we stay until 3rd Jan.
We have some idea of itinerary:
1. bus from airport to Kandy and stay 3 nights (to see Spice Garden, Kandian Dance, Kandy Temple, Kandy City, Botanical Garden, Elephant Orphanage, Lake)
2. go to cultural triangle. We don't know where to have a base (maybe Dambulla?) to see as much as possible in maybe 3 days. Bus transport?
3. go to Hill Country (maybe from Peradeniya with train to Ella) for 3 night
4. bus to Mirissa (if there is any)
5. from Mirissa to Colombo airport. We would like to be there at 13:00. How?
Does anyone have some advice to change something in this itinerary?
Do we need to reserve guesthouse, hostels, train and bus tickets,... in advance?
What kind of weather can we expect?