We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip to Sri Lanka - November 2014

manchester
Level Contributor
7 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
First Trip to Sri Lanka - November 2014

Hi all,

I am planning our trip to Sri Lanka for the end of November 2014 for roughly 2 weeks and would be really grateful if you experts could provide us with some advice.

We shall be travelling from Manchester to Colombo and are pretty flexible. We want the trip to contain the main sight seeing elements and definitley a visit to the elephant orfanage and at least a 5 night stay at a nice beach resort.

From my inital research there seem to be many different beach resorts, if we were to incorporate two different resorts which would be the best to go to? We are young (early 20's) and enjoy good food with something going on at night time, although we wouldnt mind a few nights of pure relaxation somewhere quiet.

Also, can any one give me a rough idea of prices for food & drink ect.

Is it also easy to travel around? Sorry if these seem like silly questions, however this is my first time planning a trip of this kind.

If anyone has planned anything similar and could give me a suggested itinerary I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Jodie

1. Re: First Trip to Sri Lanka - November 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 12:03
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Trip to Sri Lanka - November 2014

Hikkaduwa is an OK beach, but not the nicest beach in Sri Lanka.

Hans

London, United...
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Trip to Sri Lanka - November 2014

Hi Jodie,

Beaches from Bentota, Hikkaduwa,Unawatuna,Koggala , Mirissa, Tangalle are among some of good during November,

Price for food roughly start from 2,000 LKR per dinner /drink at mid range restaurants and quite high in star class hotels.

Sr Lankan tour can incorporate with Culture/Wildlife/ Hill country and Beaches.

Regards

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,688 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Trip to Sri Lanka - November 2014

November tends to be quite a mixed month for the beach, with 2nd intermonsoon. Hence better don't fix the 5 days and be prepared to move if there's the odd washout. See

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c176578/Sri-L…

for general patterns.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

5. Re: First Trip to Sri Lanka - November 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 06:19