We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about car/driver rate

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Question about car/driver rate

I received a quote back that seemed high but was looking to validate it.

I was told 370 USD for 3 days/3 nights for 2 people.

The quote said this was all inclusive - includes car and fuel, driver salary with OT + public car park fees, high way charges, overnight parking fees, all other charges, passenger insurance and taxes, driver accommodation. No hidden charges.

We were planning on focusing on the Cultural Triangle and I'm wondering if there is a less expensive way to do this.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,751 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about car/driver rate

Hi there,

Seems extreme yes. Rate including all of this but excluding Expressway, which is not in your route anyhow, should be based on Rs 45/km. Triangle for 3 days is about 600 km makes Rs 27,000 --> USD 220.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about car/driver rate

Yes, seems quite overpriced for transport only.

Hans

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about car/driver rate

Thank you both... I am waiting on other quotes back as well...

4. Re: Question about car/driver rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 06:18