We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sigiriya/Dambulla/Polonnaruwa

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sigiriya/Dambulla/Polonnaruwa

Hi,

Is the following realistic for the first stretch of my trip. For reference I will have a taxi/driver and in my mid 30s and physically in good shape.

Day 1: Arrive Colombo - drive to Nice Place Bungalows (Sigiriya/Dambulla). Stay the night.

Day 2: Up early, visit 'Lion Rock', lunch/early afternoon back at the hotel, 3pm jeep safari (recommendations on best park for Feb?). Sleep Nice Place Bungalows.

Day 3: Up early, visit Dambulla Caves, drive to Polonnaruwa and visit ruins. Drive and stay in Kandy.

I could easily flex the structure of day 2/3 if anyone thinks something would fit better (but not the hotels or need to be in Kandy at night 3).

Thanks in advance,

Luke

Yala Kings Safari
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Ceylon Safari Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Tuk Tuk Safari Tangalle
Safaris, Taxis & Shuttles
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sigiriya/Dambulla/Polonnaruwa

Jeep drivers will know which park is best on the day.

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,576 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sigiriya/Dambulla/Polonnaruwa

On day3 better first do P'ruwa and then Dambulla caves. P'ruwa is uncomfortable middle of the day due to the heat, whilst the caves are less of a problem then due to being, well, caves.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

3. Re: Sigiriya/Dambulla/Polonnaruwa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 05:18