We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transferring money to driver

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
transferring money to driver

Hi all

Thanks for everyone's help so far planning our April 2014 trip. Just another quick question. ..

Our driver (recommended by an experienced traveller/ttip advisor poster on here) has nern great so far and helped ys plan our trip and secure the accommodation we wanted.

Today he has asked for a money transfer directly to him for 25% of the cost of one of the hotels.

Just wondered if this was fairly normal practice?I would prefer to send it directly to the hotel (which I have suggested on an email back to him). I am just being cautious - as wonderful as he has been so far.

Thanks for any others experiences.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,858 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transferring money to driver

Hi there.

Have to send him, the hotel can only receive if you book directly with them which generally means the asbsurd rack rate. Sorry...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transferring money to driver

Thanks Eric and sorry for all my prev spelling mistakes!!

3. Re: transferring money to driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:19