We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ETA Visa - what happens at airport?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
ETA Visa - what happens at airport?

I know I may sound dense, but I've got my ETA confirmation printed, hope the e-mail is sufficient not sure exactly what I'm supposed to print off or can I just give them the confirmation number, what exactly will happen at the airport?

Do I put my number into a computer and it verifies me or does an official do that? After the number's been verified do I get a printed visa stuck in my passport or just a stamp? How do they verify the visa - I'm assuming it's all on computer and they check all the details is this right?

Just wondering on the procedure as I panic a bit when they take my passport away and start checking things, it's one of those times when you know everything is fine but you really don't feel it.

Hope TAs will understand and help me out so I don't get upset, entering SL alone in couple of days. Any experiences will help

Thanks

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,346 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ETA Visa - what happens at airport?

Both times I've been since they started making people pay for an entry visa, nothing has changed at all at immigration. They haven't asked me anything & I haven't been asked to show any paperwork at all

I guess the valid visa shows on their computer screen when they check your passport

Edited: 04 January 2014, 19:33
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ETA Visa - what happens at airport?

Yes as above. Nothing different from before. Hand over your passport to the immigration official, they put in the passport reader, it shows you have paid for a ETA, they stick a visa sticker and stamp your passport and hand in back to you.

The immigration counters queue are laid out in an L shape, you are free to use counters both sides of the L regardless of which side your planes arrival gate is. It will make more sense when you see it. Most people queue up on the side of their arrival gate so the other side has much shorter or no queues.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ETA Visa - what happens at airport?

Thanks - Seriously, I know it sounds nuts but I had a panic moment!

Mankster, thanks for the advice, yes I'll look out for the shorter queue. After a long flight it's easy to get into "sheep" mode!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ETA Visa - what happens at airport?

You don't need to print anything. Immigration have all information on their computers.

Hans

5. Re: ETA Visa - what happens at airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 05:17