We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirissa to airport, via Negombo or direct?

Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
240 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Mirissa to airport, via Negombo or direct?

Thinking of ending our holiday with a 4 night stay in Mirissa, then travelling by train to Negombo for 1 night before airport departure at 17.25. Is the train to Colombo from the south coast a very scenic journey, worth doing for the experience itself? Otherwise, maybe we would stay an extra night in Mirissa (or an extra night somewhere else) and travel by car on our departure day, without visiting Colombo or Negombo. I would appreciate your views on these alternatives. Thank you

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mirissa to airport, via Negombo or direct?

I personally would spent the last night in Negombo. I like the train Journey from Galle to Colombo it is scenic and a good experience. I would get the train from Matara as trains only stop at Mirissa twice a day, check train times at, www.gic.gov.lk/gic/index.php…

1 tip. when you get on at Matara/Mirissa Sit on the inland side as this will put you on the beachside after departing from Galle.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mirissa to airport, via Negombo or direct?

I would go direct by car.

Hans

3. Re: Mirissa to airport, via Negombo or direct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:18