We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Sri Lanka

Nottingham, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Sri Lanka

Hi guys, I'm looking at booking my honeymoon in Sri Lanka but want to experience the culture. My hubby to be and I were thinking of basing ourselves in kandy for a week and the a week by a beach resort. Ideally we would want to book all our tours once out there.

I'm seeking advice on the best place to stay for one week which allow us to see lions rock, the temples, tea plantation, elephant orphanage and go on a safari.

Advice needed :) x

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,559 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Sri Lanka

Hi there,

Kandy is fine for that except for the safari. As these are 6-9 AM and 3-6 PM and 3 hours from Kandy at least you really need to stay overnight near/in Habarana. But then Triangle is too far from the tea plantations for a daytrip so in the end Kandy is a good base except for 1 night.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Central Province...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Sri Lanka

Hi Layla,

I feel it's better if you could stay a few days in Hanarana/ Sigiriya so that you can cover the cultural triangle and spend rest of the week in kandy. This way you wouldn't spend much time travelling.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Sri Lanka

What time of the year?

Hans

Nottingham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Sri Lanka

Going nov 3rd hopefully, is that a good time of year? :)

Nottingham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Sri Lanka

Any other recommendations re places to see whilst we are in Sri Lanka?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,559 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Sri Lanka

Yes, November can be unsettled intermonsoon weather on the coast but inland tends to be better.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

7. Re: Where to stay in Sri Lanka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:19