We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car and driver cost

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Car and driver cost

Hi, I have been quoted US$550 for a car and driver for 8 days to go from Columbo Airport to Polonuwarra and ending in Mirissa via Kandy, Nuwara Eliya and Ella. Is this a good price? If not can you recommend how much I should expect to pay.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,597 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car and driver cost

Hi there,

Seems quite decent yes, as it's around 1000-1200 km roundtrip (you also pay for his empty return to airport) and around Rs 45-50/km with a minimum daily mileage.

All the best,

<Erik> & {Sandya]

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car and driver cost

Hi,

I am also planning to visit Srilanka in March and looking for a driver with reasonable rate. We are 7 adults and 2 children. Can you share the no of the driver who has quoted $550/- for 8 days.

3. Re: Car and driver cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 07:17