We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfers in Sri Lanka

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
transfers in Sri Lanka

Hello all,

I am in need of some transfers - Airport/Bentota, Bentota/Mirissa, Mirissa/airport. The services quoted by the people I have contacted seem very high. The exception is Lanka Sportreizen. Does anyone have experience with them for transfers or tours? Also I am getting very different quotes on drive times between these cities. One quoted 90 minutes for Airport/bentota and one quoted 4 hours?? Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfers in Sri Lanka

Oh, also any comments on Sri Lanka Tailormade?

I'm a single female traveler so safety is main priority....well, and reliability of course! Thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,612 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfers in Sri Lanka

Hi there,

Airport-Bentota is about 3 hours, unless it's middle of the night then maybe 1 hour less. Fair prices are Airport-Bentota Rs 8500+toll, Bentota-Mirissa Rs 7000 (but there are also direct trains for this), Mirissa-Airport Rs 12000+toll. For first leg you don't need to prebook, just grab airport taxi.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Kurunegala, Sri...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transfers in Sri Lanka

Here the map of your route :)

http://prntscr.com/2psqg0

For single person i think its enough a car ,Eric may be saying about van prices I guess.

Edited: 05 February 2014, 19:03
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfers in Sri Lanka

Sounds like sedan prices to me.

Hans

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfers in Sri Lanka

Thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transfers in Sri Lanka

Thanks, yes, I don't need a fancy car, just one that works with seatbelts and windows that open :-). Main thing is a reliable service and a professional driver. I'm never keen on airport taxis. I feel too much like an easy target for scams, harassment, etc, especially at the airport so I prefer a pre-booked transfer.

Thanks for all suggestions...I guess no one is familiar with Lanka Sportreizen? They are the service that Sri Lanka Holidays(Sri Lanka Air) uses. Also Sri Lanka Tailor-made?

Thanks again!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transfers in Sri Lanka

Both are well reputed companies.

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,612 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transfers in Sri Lanka

Lankan airport taxis _are_ run by reputed companies, there are 6 tourist desks and 1 tourist/locals desk at the airport. Hence no more reason to be afraid of scamming than with prebooking...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transfers in Sri Lanka

Thanks Erik. Hans - I am grateful for the advice.

Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transfers in Sri Lanka

What sort of prices would you expect to pay from Airport to Kandy? We land at 3am and want to head straight to the hotel in Kandy