We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist injured by elephant at UdaWalawe

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist injured by elephant at UdaWalawe

www.island.lk/index.php…

Hans

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist injured by elephant at UdaWalawe

I dont blame Rambo at all! Wild animals should remain wild and not be made pets by petting them!

I have see a lot of tourists hand feeding squirrels, monkeys etc and also petting stray dogs, not realising that these animals could attack and also may carry rabies!

Central Province...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist injured by elephant at UdaWalawe

A great piece of advice, thanks for sharing Hans!

London, United...
Level Contributor
515 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist injured by elephant at UdaWalawe

good find Hans.

I too saw Rambo being fed bananas thro the fence in jan. Magnificent male with a foaming eye, not sure what that was. But he seemed so tame, like he did it every day. I was almost tempted to try & stroke him, but gave him the space & respect he deserved.

4. Re: Tourist injured by elephant at UdaWalawe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27