We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip plan

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
trip plan

hello again i would like to ask you if this its a doable trip plan using trains and buses

1 to 4 August kandy

4 to 6 nuwara eliya

6 to 8 sigiriya

8 to 10 minneriya national park

10 to 23 trinco with a visit to anuradhapura for 2 or 3 days

23 to 24 going to negombo

25 airport

another question that i have is the price for a transfer from airport to kandy

and the average price per km for tuk tuk

thank you

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: trip plan

Walk out of the airport gate, turn right and stop. A bus will come past that will take you to Kandy.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,533 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip plan

Hi there,

Strange sequence as Kandy-Eliya-Sigiriya means backtracking through Kandy again. Would first go to Eliya and then northeastwards.

Tuktuk price long-distance SHOULD be Rs 35/km but depending on the region there is quite some cartel/fleecing behaviour hence reserve time for hard bargaining.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip plan

Thank you for your response i think i'll do that i'm glad that this is doable i was afraid that the time spend could be an issue

Any sugestions to other places to visit ?

Thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,533 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip plan

Hi again,

Well this sounds just doable, public transport is not the fastest in the world. See

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c195051/Sri-L…

for general guidelines. Minneriya (or Kaudulla or Hurulu park, all share the same herd of jumbos) is for most people one half day, hence 2 full nights seems a bit over the top. And see the TA lists of attractions per town for tips on what to do where.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip plan

hello again thank you for your responses, do you know any good but not too pricu place to stay in nilaveli or uppuveli, because the tings i find in the internet are all full for august

thanks

6. Re: trip plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 04:28