We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sri Lanka - tips about cycling/biking + some Qs

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Sri Lanka - tips about cycling/biking + some Qs

Hi everyone

Can anyone suggest good sited where cycling/biking might be nice and enjoyable and where I will see more Sri Lanka rather than tours full of tourists?

Also can you suggest me some trails/maps for some nice hiking trips that are 'not in Lonely Planet' (again I don't wanna encounter groups of tourists. Preferably small paths, not 'tourists highways')

- I was thinking about some villages around Ella or Knuckles or Horton Plains... suggestions? (I wanna hike for about 7days)

And.. Vegetarian - is it possible to find no-meat food? (or can you tell me what to tell them (in their language :) ) in restaurants so I explain myself clearly enough?) Worst case seafood would be possible.

Thank you!

Blue Lanka Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Sri Lanka Wide Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Colombo
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sri Lanka - tips about cycling/biking + some Qs

Hi! You will find a lot of info here: http://www.lakdasun.org/

I would recommend below areas to avoid tourists:

Rakwana, Bogawanthalawa, Namunukula, Nawalapitiya, Laxapana, Knuckles etc.

Kandy
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sri Lanka - tips about cycling/biking + some Qs

I recommend Meemure, Knuckles, Horton Plains and Ohiya region, Ella, Belihul Oya and Namunukula. In addition to the lakdasun websites few details on hikes around Ohiya is the given in the following link.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g2562188-s4/Ohiya:Sri…

3. Re: Sri Lanka - tips about cycling/biking + some Qs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 04:51