We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - JBR

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - JBR

We've had the pleasure of visiting Sri Lanka twice in the last few years and I'm pleased to say our second trip was just as fantastic as the first.

Amazing country, sights, food and the most friendly people you could hope to meet.

Without rewriting the whole trip report, I've included a link to a blog of our travels that covers our itinerary, hotels in the $40-$50 budget, our driver/guide and much more.

Hopefully you may find something in the blog that will help with your Sri Lanka planning.

Happy travelling.

http://srilankawithnut.blogspot.com.au/

Cheers

Chris

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - JBR

Hi biffdog

I enjoyed reading your well written blog and the photos were great. The information about the accommodation and activities will be helpful to those planning a trip.

Thanks for the opportunity to enjoy Sri Lanka through your eyes.

Archi

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - JBR

Hi Archi,

Thanks for your kind comments.

Looking back through my trip planning notes I see that you suggested Lucky to us as a driver/guide. I'm so glad we followed your recommendation. He added so much value to our trip and is a true gentleman.

Thanks again

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - JBR

Great blog and photos. I spent February in Sri Lanka and have already booked to go back next year. A very special island with very special people.

London, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - JBR

What a great blog, thank you. I was there last year doing a tour, loved the place and I agree with all your comments about the wonderful people in Sri Lanka.

I'm off back there on 14/5/14 and using the invaluable help of my previous tour operator there to arrange everything, Shakeer, even though this time we are not doing a tour. I'm looking forward to dinner at his home cooked by his sisters, should be fantastic.

Can't wait to go back apart from the mosquitos!!!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report - JBR

Hi Woody, Sue,

Thanks for your kind comments about the blog. Easy to see why you both are planning a return visit to Sri Lanka. Such an amazing place and some of the most friendly people you can hope to meet.

Happy travels.

5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report - JBR

Dear Chris,

I really enjoyed reading your blog. It is indeed helpful for people like us who do not know anything about Sri Lanka. I'm taking my husband to Sri Lanka as a birthday treat and would like to do the same trip like you did. I don't think we can do it all in 9days so I'm thinking of going up to Traincomalee and back to Colombo afterwards. Can I please get the contact details of Lucky? I would like to email him and ask if he can do the same trip for us with the reasonable price. Thank you for your help in advance. Warm Regards,Sheena

5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report - JBR

I mean to say up to Ella. Not Trincmalee.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report - JBR

Hi Sheena,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

You can contact Lucky Bolonghe at the following email: lucky_tour55@hotmail.com

Cheers

Chris

9. Re: Trip Report - JBR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:16