We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Colombo to the airport

Goa, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
From Colombo to the airport

Is there any public transportation from Colombo to the airport?? I'll arrive to Colombo Fort from Galle by train and I've got no budget for taxi to the airport. Do I have any options with bus or smth? Any better idea how to make it from Galle to the airport?

Sri Lanka Tour Driver
Historical & Heritage Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Colombo to the airport

There are buses from Colombo Fort to the airport. E03 via the expressway and 187 via the old road.

Hans

Goa, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Colombo to the airport

Thanx, Hans!

Would you pls tell me what is the difference between two? Do they both go from Fort bus station? Is there any schedule?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,576 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Colombo to the airport

Yes both go from same place opposite station. And nope, Lankan buses with the odd exception DON'T have a schedule as you should have learnt now you're on the island, they leave when 'full enough'. Difference mentioned above, old road vs. E-way. Old road takes upto 1:30 hours and costs Rs 53, E-way bus takes 45-60 mins and costs Rs 130.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Colombo to the airport

Most buses have schedules, but they are not published on the internet.

Hans

Goa, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Colombo to the airport

Great! Thanks a lot!

6. Re: From Colombo to the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 06:16