We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December holiday in Sri-Lanka ( 6d/7n) with Bawa

Bangalore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
December holiday in Sri-Lanka ( 6d/7n) with Bawa

Hi

My wife and I are planning a holiday in December 23rd to 30th.

- my wife is an architect we are planning on visiting Bawa's buildings - Heritance Kandalama

Other B&b's to stay

- is it best to do Colombo - bentota - kandy

Could you suggest a possible itenary with architectural visits

Thanks

Srinivasan

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December holiday in Sri-Lanka ( 6d/7n) with Bawa

Heritance Kandalama is near Dambulla.

Hans

Bangalore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December holiday in Sri-Lanka ( 6d/7n) with Bawa

Thanks for the reply. Could you suggest an itinerary that includes Bawa's and other architects buildings (anjalendran)?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December holiday in Sri-Lanka ( 6d/7n) with Bawa

"The brief " and "lunuganga" are two properties you have to see. Parliament Building is also a quite an impressive work of Bawa. However , talking to specialized tour operator will be useful in getting thus kind of a tour. You may talk to Aitken spence travels / walkers tours / Eco Team Sri Lanka Etc,

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: December holiday in Sri-Lanka ( 6d/7n) with Bawa

Well you definitely need to spend some time in the SW coast.

Maybe start at Avani ( Bentota) or Heritance ( Ahungalla) and then make your way to "The Last House" in Tangalle. You can also stay at the places mentioned on post #3.

And as far as big hotels go, The Lighthouse ( Galle) is as interesting as Heritance in Kandalama.

The trick is how to fit this all into a 6 day tour. Maybe you can spend one night /2days in Kandalama, a night in Kandy, 1 night Galle, 1/2 Bentota and another in Colombo.

In Colombo, swing by Bawa's old residence at no 11, 33rd Lane off Bagatalle road and then have a meal at The Gallery Cafe.

I'm sure the big tour operators have "Bawa Tours", but anything that includes Kandalama and Tangalle would require at least 10 days.

5. Re: December holiday in Sri-Lanka ( 6d/7n) with Bawa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 06:16