We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colombo Airport, bus transfer schedule

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Colombo Airport, bus transfer schedule

Hello,

I wonder does anyknow know what the bus schedule is from Colombo Int. Airport to the City (Pettah)? - I am arriving around 03.30am and wondering if then there are already and busses driving?

Thank you much guys.

Best.

KL
Level Contributor
11 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colombo Airport, bus transfer schedule

There is a very good, recently started aircon bus service. It starts from a small bus stand just to the left of the arrivals hall, just 50m walk away. From the city, the buses drop off at the departure foyer. Not sure of the bus timings but the last bus from Colombo to the airport is 8pm. The fare is Rs120 each way. The buses are new and I have photos but not sure how I can post in this forum.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colombo Airport, bus transfer schedule

Buses are running all through the night, but infrequent - may 1 per hour.

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,199 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colombo Airport, bus transfer schedule

Yes at night it might be solely the 187 which uses the old road, not the EX03 over the Expressway. Never mind, they'll reach Colombo also that way...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colombo Airport, bus transfer schedule

Thank you all very much!! :)

Slovenia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Colombo Airport, bus transfer schedule

hey!

i arrived about the same time a month ago and the first bus left around 6 am (new AC bus for 120 rs). so you have to wait a bit. they stop at CTB bus station in Pettah and the last one leaves at 8 pm. they take the new highway so the trip only took 30-40 minutes.

on the way back i took 187 that starts from bus stop opposite Fort Railway Station. they told me the last one goes at 11 pm but at 10.30 there were quite a few waiting there. mostly they are old buses but i also saw a few with AC. it took us an hour and a half )taking the long way) and we stopped at the bus station about 1 km from the airport. so it's a 10 minute walk to the airport but it felt quite safe even at night. 70 Rs for an old bus (though the guy wanted 200 at first :)

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,199 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Colombo Airport, bus transfer schedule

Well the prices I was told January are Rs 53 for the 187 (which I actually paid) and Rs 130 for the aircon. Upon arrival in Colombo indeed they pass CTB bus stand Pettah but also Fort Railway Station, they leave from there both at same place opposite Station. At airport officially 187 should also deliver you at the terminal after having stopped at bus stand, but indeed that does not always happen and depending on your luggage and hurry it's tuktuk or walking then...

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Colombo Airport, bus transfer schedule

thank you all much! 2 weeks left to go..! :)

8. Re: Colombo Airport, bus transfer schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 07:16