We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaccination prices

Canton of Geneva...
Level Contributor
11 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Vaccination prices

Hi everyone,

we have been researching vaccines for Sri Lanka. Our GP says we need JE and Rabies. the prices of these in Germany are incredibly high.

We were thinking of getting them during our stay in Sri Lanka (Colombo or Kandy)

Having searched the internet we have not found any information on how much these would cost in Sri Lanka, is anyone able to assist to find the prices?

Many thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,089 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaccination prices

Hi there,

Forget about Rabies, it's really only needed when you expect close contact with animals that could scratch or bite - like dogs or monkeys. If you avoid these no problem. Also JE is very, very rare in Lanka and the jab is not commonly prescribed to tourists on any Dutch- or English language info site I can find.

So that's the first response. Probably it's possible to get them in Lanka yes but they do have some 'incubation time' so it would already leave a window of 1-2 weeks risk open for you, not the best idea IF you see a risk which we don't really see as shown above...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaccination prices

We have ours done approx. 6 weeks before travel but never had rabies or JE. Typhoid, Hepatitis and tetanus are the most important.

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
68 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaccination prices

I've just had my vaccinations, hep, typhoid and tetanus only advised by my. GP

4. Re: Vaccination prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:17