We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Climb Adam Peak in June 22-23rd?

Chittagong City...
2 posts
Save Topic
Climb Adam Peak in June 22-23rd?

I am a very good trekker, I have been to Ananpurna of Nepal and Various highest peak in Bangladesh & India.

is it possible for me to climb Adam peak in June 22-23rd? I have dozens of powerful torch and food. I can carry good bag with weight.

Does authority give permission to go at that time?

I am going to Srilanka, already confirmed everything. Main motto to go Adam peak.

Could you please clear me?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
58,234 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Climb Adam Peak in June 22-23rd?

Hi there,

Technically yes. But ethically and riskwise, hmmmmmm...

It's quite a risk of rainy weather then higher up on the slopes, which means slippery paths - the stairs aren't already easy to walk on but will become challenging after rain. Moreover there is risk of robbery and it's the start of the wildlife breeding season in Peak Wilderness reserve. Which means only IMHO foolish people who find their own satisfaction more important than the local wildlife and traditions climb during closure, but in the end it's your choice...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: Climb Adam Peak in June 22-23rd?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:17