We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget for two weeks in Central and East Sri Lanka

Vitoria-Gasteiz...
8 posts
Save Topic
Budget for two weeks in Central and East Sri Lanka

Hi!

I am preparing my two weeks holidays and I am still deciding wether going to Sri Lanka or not. I am goin in a tight budget of 20-25 dollars/day. My plan is to go to the Kandy, Sigiriya and Dambulla and then head for the east coast, passekudah and maybe arugam.

The problem is that I am not finding any cheap accommodation around this area (10-15 dollars), I do not need too much, just a clean bathroom and bed, anything else. Besides is the time of the World Cup, so it would be nice if anybody could tell me if in Passekudah and Arugam is easy to find places to see the World Cup every day.

Thanks everybody!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,612 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget for two weeks in Central and East Sri Lanka

Hi there,

Most more upmarket hotels and many tourist restaurants will have Star Sports channel which will show large parts of World Cup. So that's not an issue. Your budget might be one as it's hard nowadays to get a basic ensuite guesthouse room RO basis for less than Rs 1500-2000, and that does not leave too much of your budget of Rs 2600/day for food and public transport and food...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget for two weeks in Central and East Sri Lanka

Most of the matches will be played in the middle of the night (Sri Lanka time).

Hans

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget for two weeks in Central and East Sri Lanka

Have you looked at the entrance fees for the places you mentioned? [ See top questions] That's your budget blown already at Sigiriya,

Vitoria-Gasteiz...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget for two weeks in Central and East Sri Lanka

Thank you guys!

I have checked the entrace fee, I am not counting the entrance fee I know that they are expensive but I am only counting on food, accommodation and public transport.

I know that the matches will be in the middle of the night, I am living in India and I have here the same problem. I have cable TV at my place and I can see the matches but it is impossible to see it anywhere, neither Hotels or Bars. That is why I am asking if anybody nows if the hotels will be open till late or the bars to enjoy the world cup.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget for two weeks in Central and East Sri Lanka

Well, as reply #1 mentioned, the up market hotels will have the sports channels on.

But these hotels and bars won't come too cheap. The cheaper guest houses won't have inroom cable TV.

6. Re: Budget for two weeks in Central and East Sri Lanka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 07:16